Characteristics of shock cord:
Dimensions are checked before any elongation, based on tolerances of + or – 3%
– away from damp and draughts
– at a mild ambient temperature all year round
– in 10 years, it loses about 25% of its strength.
Conditions of use:
– the service life of a shock cord depends essentially on its conditions of use: frequency, elongation, climatic environment, etc.
– resistance to temperature: shock cord is made of natural rubber and is sensitive to variations in temperature.
Warning! To avoid injury, never suddenly release a cord that is under tension.